Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project # 10

Finding The Right Tool:



So as i've mentioned before I am a HUGE reader and will push anyone in the direction of reading more. So when I was asked what technology I would use in my classroom I immediately thought of the Kindle. The Kindle doesn't have to be used for just reading fiction or nonfiction books on you leisure. You can use the Kindle for multiple purposes in the classroom. A great website that talks about tips for the Kindle in the classroom is from the Getting Smart Blog The article 10 Tips for Kindle in the Classroom By Brian Friedlander are helpful in showing that ereaders help in the classroom. Mr. Friedlander talks about how students are more excited about reading on their own personal ereader than with traditional books.

Some of the tips that Mr. Friedlander talks about that I would use in my classroom would be to have students use the dictionary on their ereader to help them start understanding words and broaden their vocabulary, you can start teaching students about note taking skills, by teaching them to start using the note teaching feature on the Kindle, and another feature that's going paperless and going green, is you can send PDF’s and Word files to your Kindle from your email to your students Kindles so your students can read from their own Kindles.

No comments:

Post a Comment