Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blog Post # 11

Ms. Cassidy:



Technology in the classroom as been a huge issue and a debate between teachers and parents for a few years now. And Ms. Cassidy overcomes all those obstacles and proves it in her video Little Kids...Big Potential and also proves how she does all this and how it's accomplished in her Skype Interview with one of the classes in EDM 310. I think the video of her students was just adorable. The children are so enthusiastic about their blogs and how they can do their own research with Wiki's. I loved it and I think that Ms. Cassidy is showing her students a skill that they will be able to use the rest of their lives.

I love the fact that her students are already blogging at such a young age. Ms. Cassidy is helping her students to already learn how to get what they want to say across to other people, and how to correctly say it. It's also let's them shine a little bit and show off their work, and let others from all over the world tell them his or her thoughts on their projects. It helps them gain even more confidence in their own work, and be proud of what they did.

One idea that Ms. Cassidy used in her class that I loved was the use of the Wiki! For first graders to do their own research and find their own answers was awesome. For my future classroom, I will for sure be using this technique in my classroom. I love the idea of teaching children at a young age how to correctly look up information. By the time they're in high school and college they will know exactly what to do.

I think some of the problems that I will encounter I think, might be the parents. A lot of parents might not want his or her children on a networking sight. Hopefully in order to win them over, I can also make a classroom video and show the future parents the positive side of blogging in the classroom.

As for the benefits of using this in the classroom I think it'll make the students gain confidence in themselves and their work. They get to show off what they are doing and present it to the world. Technology shouldn't be shunned fromt the classroom. It's apart of what our world is coming to. There's no need to act like it's not there, or will do harm to our students when in fact it is the total opposite and will open way more doors for future students then the doors they have open for them now.

2 comments:

  1. Nicole,
    I enjoyed reading and learning about your thoughts on Ms. Cassidy's use of technology in the classroom. You wrote an interesting post, which kept my attention, but there are a couple of grammatical errors throughout this post. When writing a post I find it helpful to read it aloud, have someone proof read it, or come back later to see what needs to be fixed. I did enjoy reading your post and I hope my advice will help you on other post assignments.

    ReplyDelete